Wednesday, January 05, 2005

This weight has been placed upon you

Download: NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL "Ferris Wheel On Fire"

This is probably everyone's favorite unrecorded NMH track, I know -- not too much of a "rarity." But of all the versions floating about, this one from San Francisco in June of '98 is my favorite. I need to listen to this song on average once a week. Has it really been almost seven years since Neutral Milk Hotel released a record? Note: That was a rhetorical question. The answer is that yes, it indeed has. I have heard from Jeff in the last half a year or so -- nothing much, just traded emails a bit -- and he seems really happy and stuff. I think it's cool for me to say that he might have made some music with Jeremy Barnes, surely one of the ten best drummers alive, which is very exciting to me. But, you know, don't expect to hear it anytime soon or anything. Unless it makes its way onto the next Hack and a Hacksaw record, which supposedly Leaf is releasing fairly soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear new Jeff Mangum music. Whether or not it's in the vein NMH doesn't matter - in fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't completely different.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home