Wednesday, March 09, 2005

And her love is just a fable that I sometimes try in passion to recall

BRIAN ENO & THE WINKIES "Totalled"
BRIAN ENO & THE WINKIES "Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch"
BRIAN ENO & THE WINKIES "Fever"
KEVIN AYERS WITH BRIAN ENO "BBC Improvisation"

These will only be up for a day or so, FYI. I've gotten a lot of requests to post the Eno material with the Winkies, which still remains officially unreleased -- so, here you have it. The Winkies songs are from a March 1974 Peel Session; they also recorded "Baby's On Fire" that day but I don't have that, sorry . Personnel: Eno (vocals and synth), Mike Desmarais (drums), Guy Humphries (guitar), Philip Rambow (guitar), Brian Turrington (bass). This session is available on the bootleg Dali’s Car which also features 801 live at the Reading festival in 1976. The Winkies back up Eno on that "Seven Deadly Finns" single, FYI.

The Ayers thing is also a quaint BBC relic from 1974, I believe. Turn your computer speakers down or the booming bass of Ayers' voice is liable to make your bowels move a bit. You do know that he was used in secret sonic warfare tests don't you? So, Eno supposedly does the noisy piano duet with Ayers on here; maybe he does more, I dunno. I also do not know if the tape speed is correct. I think perhaps it's a bit slow?

Honestly, I'm not even sure how these mp3s even got onto my computer -- sometimes I'm just THAT SLUTTY with the file-sharing -- you know, you wake up with a really bad headache and four hundredRuts DC songs on yourhard drive and you just erase them all and pretend nothing happened.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Real Matt Wright said...

Thank you so very muchf or posting these! Awesome!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Bùi Minh Trading said...

Viglacera
Thank you so very muchf or posting these! Awesome!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home