Monday, April 25, 2005

Stuck between my shadow and me

JAMIE LIDELL "Live at the Royal Hall Festival London 2004 (Quicktime file)"
I generally stray from posting directly to other sites but this is a record label's site so they oughta be able to handle it -- besides it's not like I'm Fluxblog or anything, traffic-wise -- but mostly just 'cause this guy is totally radonkulous. Woah. One man band, formerly half of Super_Collider, he's sort of like Arthur Russell meets Prince meets corner beatbox champ meets Roxy Music on the live video. And, as you can see from this link here (lo siento...), which apparently was first up on Fluxblog, dude rocks it like Otis (!) or something. For real.

Also, if you peep the lyrics, then check out my screed from earlier this AM when I shoulda just hit my knees in prayer/meditation instead of posting, you might grok that this is EXACTLY THE SONG I NEEDED TO HEAR TODAY. Thanks, Mischpuschim!

Ohh, and I like his bio. Those are not words I regularly utter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this song too, got it from fluxblog a little while ago. i'm not seeing a video tho, just the mp3? is the rest of the album as good? is this from an album?

ps: i'm digging this blog

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mike McGonigal said...

Album drops soon on WARP -- I fized the video -- not heard any more of the thing myself -- dammm I want to though!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that video is the coolest thing i've seen in a while! radness...

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home