Thursday, May 25, 2006

Everyone started placing bets

EGOPLEX "Simplexity"

Ummm, if whomever sent me this demo CD of tunes by "Egoplex" would please contact me, that would rule. I'm seriously considering this track for the YETI 4 CD (which is looking to be THE! BEST! ONE! THUS! FAR!) but I can't figure out how it got to me and Internet searches for a site or something by this artist have been fruitless thus far. Organized, rational type people must have such easy lives...

Read my first Daniel Woodrell book the other day; he's definitely fun. Super excited to finally read the new David Mitchell this coming week. After that I start to work in earnest on my next book, the YETI Guide to Gospel Blues thing. Expect to see little bits of it here first. Aiming to do it in 4-5 months, and am going to attempt to channel Julian Cope's superb (especially for the time) Krautrocksampler in an oblique/ formatty way. (Jeez, look at the insane prices that thing is going for today! Someone needs to reprint that thing...)

Really glad I have the season closer from Lost saved on my Comcast tivo thingie; that'll come in handy some upcoming Wednesday to assuage my withdrawal a little bit. "I don't know what is more disquieting; the fact that the rest of the statue is missing, or that it has four toes."

Self-promo:
I am DJ'ing the bar area of the Delta this Saturday. Expect eclectic, fun jamz to make the fried catfish go down even more easily. No bones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home