Sunday, May 22, 2005

Makes me feel fine

DELMORE BROTHERS "When it's Summertime in a Southern Clime"
FORT THUNDER LUNATICS (WTF?!) "Summer Breeze"
KOOL & THE GANG "Summer Madness"
JOHN CALE "Summer Heat"
Yeah, you guessed it -- theme time! I'm sure there are about a gazillion mp3 blogs doing exactly the same thing right now -- more power to them (ummm, and to me, of course). Time to break out the Speedos, the boombox that got all the sand stuck inside it last year, and of course the Noxzema for when you fall asleep accidentally in the sun. Actually, having grown up in South Fla., I have a confession to make: I hate the beach. Or used to, anyway. It's not just 'cause I'm fat, either. I never liked the kind of people who went to the beach all the time when I was in high school, so I never went, and barely enjoyed myself if I did. This of course seems very silly to me now. I lived a mile and a half from a great beach and never went!? Ohh, man. When my ex-gf Melanie came to visit my family in Miami back when most of them were still down there, in 1988, when I was like 20, she couldn't believe how pasty-skinned all my Miami friends were. It was kind of hilarious.

4 Comments:

Blogger Disco:Very said...

Good lord, where did you get that Seals and Crofts cover?? Hilarious! I love these kinds of recordings...

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The universe should smell like Noxema.

We'd all get along better.

Except for the girl in the white sweaterover there in the corner. Gawd, she smells like "White Shoulders".

I want her desperately.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the version of "Summer Breeze" whuch made me laugh...never thought I'd react that way to a song like that!

2:08 PM  
Blogger  nathaxnne wilhelmina said...

hence the seemingly paradoxical but quite sense-making florida-as-goth-locus which totally overtakes ft. lauderdale + orlando whilst rearing itself visibly in tampa esp. from time to time. this alone should account for marilyn manson but weirdly does not.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home