Friday, July 21, 2006

One way conversation

TEENAGE FILMSTARS "Dressing up for the Cameras"

Best piss-take on the Jam, ever? Perhaps. Great song, regardless. Love the Jowe Head-style bass. Really digging the O Level/Teenage Filmstars compilation on RevOla, A Day in the Life of Gilbert and George this morning.

YETI 4
is done, in production; cover will look like this, only better (with gooooooooold). Pre-order capability to show up on YETI site shortly.

HALLELUWAH festival site is up (uhh, hence the link to the left) --very bare bones now but info. about other aspects of the fest as well as info. about the fest-only LP (Deerhoof, Alela Diane, Valet, Michael Hurley, Nudity, Rick Bishop, and more...), as well as how to get tickets, all that jazz, will be up on there shortly. This bit about it was nice.

Sitting here in the slowly swelling heat anticipating the 102-105 projected temp. today, trying my absolute best not to lose my shit over a good chunk of change owed me by an insanely rich computer type company I did some work for back in March. Their system is so insane, labyrinthine, and mind-numbingly not at all oriented towards anyone doing creative work (not any of the templates they offer for invoicing make any sense to me -- not a one, out of three) so I feel a wee little bit like our pal THX 1138 today. Just a wee bit.

I feel that I've been very patient until now, especially as this is my first time working for these people, and it does often take longer to get paid when you're a freelancer. But Jesus fuck I don't know if it's the heat or what but I just feel like my head's going to explode from this stuff. Feeling this way could have something to do with the fact that my brother dumped the entire task of finding his baby mommy a place in Portland, in the next week, same time I myself have to pack and move... I haven't got my hernia fixed yet so I'm a bit worried about literally spilling my guts in that procedure. (TMI? Too bad!)

So, if anyone knows of a 2BR/ 1BA near OHSU close to bus lines that allows cats and is under $800, let me know, OK? Thanks a gazillion.

8 Comments:

Blogger Book Reviews by Chris said...

Wooo, apartment-finding is tough. Even if you find those factors, of course, so much else to look at in the quality of a place. :^/

8:43 AM  
Blogger beta said...

i put some photos of the Disjecta space up on my blog.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tony Franco said...

I think we might be able to come to some sort of an agreement. I'll buy their debt to you at 25 cents on the dollar. I'll pay you in cash up front and you just provide their address a photograph of them, and agree to back off. I'll take care of the rest.

Tony

3:46 PM  
Blogger Tony Franco said...

By the way, you have odd friends, what's with Armyhero and his mole wart removal blog? I think actually I can help you with that problem too. Scrounge up two hundred bucks and a soddering iron for me and a bottle of whiskey for you and let me know of a time to pencil you in. Any time next week should be good for me.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man
its been over a month
and i need a new eclectic thing for my bag
yr the best
-whip

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, this is margot_dent from SG, i just wanted to let you know that i picked up the new yeti when i was in SF and i loooove love love it. excellent work, dude.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mike-
dying for a new entry.
love
y
kiss kiss!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Book Reviews by Chris said...

Sir- where the frig are you?

We need tunes.

Mars needs tunes and women.

Thanks,
Cheech

ps- Second thought- send women too.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home