Tuesday, May 08, 2007

'Russian Lover & Other Stories'

Didn't realize it was such a pain in the ass to DL tracks off eSnips; I just signed up for another service to host the mp3 files. I'll have more tracks up soon.

Biggest news around these parts is that the very first YETI imprint title, Russian Lover by Jana Martin, is in hand. We also have advance reader copies of the Luc Sante book, Kill All Your Darlings: Pieces 1990-2005. Both books came out really really nice, I think. We're just getting those mailed out now so interestedd reviewers should contact us ASAP for either title.

Jana's book is available pretty cheap here, and I will now quote from the jacket copy OK:

Jana Martin’s sentences have beauty and bite and a rhythm all their own. These are tough, funny stories from a writer wise enough to know that wisdom doesn’t always come with experience. Russian Lover won’t teach you much about Russia, but it will give you some exhilaratingly painful portraits of people trying to love.--Sam Lipsyte, author of Home Land

There’s an elegant, flaring strength to Russian Lover, a precision of language that is daring and unique in the way it touches memory. Martin’s stories are cocoons spun tightly around an elusive, idiopathic emotional core—always intriguing, they give life to the tired mind. --Lydia Millet, author of My Happy Life

6 Comments:

Anonymous gih said...

Very well said. Thanks for this informative reply.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous dodz said...

so the Russian is cool when talking about love huh!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous paisajista said...

Very well said. Thanks for this informative reply.h

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely be adding this 'Buked & Scorned blog to my favorites list so I can share it with my friends. I appear forward to coming back to read your Russian Lover & Other Stories post also.
--------------------------
Visit my web: Poker sans depot & Poker Bonos & Bonus ohne einzahlung & Bonus senza deposito

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Free Poker Bonus said...

Great job with 'Buked & Scorned article! Love your writing style on "'Russian Lover & Other Stories'"! Funny, but serious and to the point, at the same time! Nice job dear admin.
--------------------------
My site: Bonus Without Deposit 100% free poker !

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Free Poker Money said...

I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog and all your post too, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect to me.
--------------------------
Our www: Texas Hold'em Poker & No Deposit Poker

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home