Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Angus Dei Aus Licht

Download: BRISE GLACE "Angus Dei Aus Licht"

This track is from a double 7" tribute to AC/DC that Skin Graft released in '95. The Brise Glace track is not the band at all but (as I recall) 100% O'Rourke (one could say much the same thing about Rien of course though I guess that's supposed to be some sort of secret? Like how Grauerholz "assembled i.e. "wrote" so much of the Burroughs books from Cities of the Red Night on? Whatever, this is not a gossip site and beside I think I must be the only one who cares about any of that nonsense.) in a purely a cut and paste exercise, back when this sort of stuff was extremely tedious and exacting -- done with analog tape and a razor blade, not ProTools my friend. As a meeting point of exacting, process-oriented (more Reich than Ferrari, no?) minimalist composition and rock(ism), it's fucking rad. I love to DJ out with this 7", 'cause it confuses people a lot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike--Just stumbled on your blog. Having fun reading through it. --K Nutt

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
I like your blog. This is my first experience with blogging. Is it always this easy? Three cheers for that Garamond typeface; don't let your peers (are there any?) pressure you into replacing it with something "hipper".
Can I convince you to make this Brise Glace track available again -- even if it's only for a day? I gave away that single when I left K- and I've regretted it ever since. Chalk it up to experience. Too bad, as the King said, there had to be so much of it.
Yrs,
CEM

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home