Friday, August 19, 2005

I am you and you are me

BIG BOYS "Sound on Sound"

Perhaps my favorite song by this Austin-based '80s band, offered up here in tribute to Randy 'Biscuit' Turner, who was found dead in his home yesterday, the week that there's a big cover story on him (centered mostly on his visual work) in the Chronicle . Damn.

I like this quote by Randy (from the above article) a lot: "I'm very saddened by the pain in the world and overjoyed at the mundane." The MP3 is linked to from our friends at Moistworks, where I'm a sometime contributor. I'm really sad about this. Don't know what else to say.

Of all the tributes to Biscuit, I'm most drawn right now to Ed Ward's, here. I like how Ed calls Biscuit a queer icon in punk rock at a time when that scene really needed one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home