Saturday, June 18, 2005

Fun fun fun

LES HOMMES SAUVAGES "Autobahn"
Here's a real treat, an unreleased track by Berlin-based supergroup Les Hommes Sauvages, which just might be my personal favorite Kraftwerk cover. I think that might be Chris Spedding on guitar but I'm not sure (he played on some of these sessions with the band, ca. 2000.) General personnel info. is as follows: Viola Limpet - vocals / guitars, Kristof Hahn - guitars / vocals, Thomas Wydler - drums, Adrian Horcher - bass, Eric LeMarechal - trumpets. The tune is not gonna be up for long so grab it now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit of the month at my house!

Oh, and, Bernice, the band's name means "The Wild Men."

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that guy Christof used to hang on the Lower East Side back in the late 80's/early 90's in the very early Ludlow days. Pre-Max Fish even... Wasn't he in like, the Swans?

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

To Bernice "Les hommes sauvages" means "the wild men" in french. And your double looking image is also french and was drawn during the end of the 19th century in Paris during the "Belle époque".

Other wise wanted to say : great site ! thanks !

I was wonering if you'd put an rss feed (not Atom !) on your site so I could listen to it everyday ! (feedburner to do the feed)

Thanks !

Nicolas P.
a french fan

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, SG Cheech here. Wanted to say: 1) sorry to hear about your health probs. My esoph gives me problems too, which was the first reason I switched from beer to bourbon, 2) this song is GREAT; i will spread the word.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there

just wanted to say

love this song - its so very loungey

sorry to hear about your health problems, hope you feel better soon

love this blog - please don't stop posting

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home