Friday, January 30, 2009

Talking 'Bout That Number Which No Man Can Number

ROKY ERICKSON "I Look at the Moon"

PRECIOUS BRYANT "When the Saints Go Marching In"

DeZURIK SISTERS "Go To Sleep My Darling"

...No, how you doing? Yes, I know it's been a while. Wanted to wait until no one was looking, or linking, I guess? No, really, I just got busy. I know, I know, yeah, we're all busy. OK, I got sick of blogging. But I am less sick of it now, today! And I will cease with this ridiculous fake conversation, toot sweet.

Someday soon this blog will be transferred over to a new/ improved/ actual YETI website. But for now, I'll get started again with three little very pretty songs. Today we're unplugged. God, I hate that term, but anyway.

The Roky song's from the long out of print album The Holiday Inn Tapes. It's my second-favorite post-Elevators number (very favorite being, of course, "You Don't Love Me Yet").

The Precious Bryant track is from this wonderful George Mitchell book which comes with two CDs. George Mitchell might be one of my heroes. I really need to talk to both Bryant and Mitchell, if possible, when I return to the South. (Note to self!)

The DeZurik Sisters tune is from some comp. called like Early Country Ladies Who Sing or something. You may know them as the Cackle Sisters.

It's a very pretty late January day here in Portland (translation: it is not currently raining). I'm obsessed for some reason with trying to find out more about P.M. Wentworth today -- he or she was a very interesting self-taught artist, hardly any known works around -- maybe 40 survive. But who knows? That one lucky family found a stack of unknown Ramirez drawings a few years back -- that show in New York was fabulous, and I highly recommend the catalog. Maybe there's a stack of this person's stuff in a trunk somewhere. But Wentworth -- fuck, there's hardly even any images on the Internet. I'd love a monograph of this work, all in one place, no matter how small. Anyone know if there is one? My guess is no, just need to make sure.

21 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Welcome back, and thanks for the tracks.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Anagram Sam said...

perfect

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mike!

Check out my site! From there, my blog. I just added a link to your blog on my blog. Ditto Jana!

It's been too long, man!

There's a spelled out e-address on my site, and you can contact me via the blog!

3:55 PM  
Blogger icastico said...

Roky rocks.

http://aboombong.bandcamp.com/

7:22 AM  
Anonymous gih said...

Well, that's no easy way. Just move on and keep it up.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous dodz said...

thanks man.. we are waiting for you to come back. your blog is so helpful to us.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣用品,
SM,G點,按摩棒,
飛機杯,充氣娃娃,
自慰套,情趣用具,

情趣味用品浪漫巴黎,情趣味用品,
情趣用品,情趣,
按摩棒,角色扮演,
性感睡衣,自慰器,
跳蛋,吊帶襪,
情趣內衣,充氣娃娃,

1:42 AM  
Anonymous dodz said...

cool idea huh?

8:12 AM  
Anonymous pandoy said...

just get perfect.


http://tv-infoz.blogspot.com

6:38 PM  
Anonymous dodzsky said...

that was great men,... cool welcome back.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Beboy said...

ya welcome back dude nice to see of you

1:23 AM  
Anonymous escalante blogger said...

Only Mathematician can understand it.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous ttv said...

well, that's not good.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Yahswe Sukuyugi said...

That's okay. Hope to see again soon.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous wfs said...

Perhaps, an idiot will do this thing.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous doyke said...

ohhh... wish to kill on that king of people.... well seems that is done, let go pass it

5:02 PM  
Anonymous sewa mobil jakarta said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous marble floor insert said...

Thanks for the good read. Number which no man can number!
- Herman Swan

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Cara Menghilangkan Jerawat said...

Nice article, thanks for the information. It's very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vans shoes outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
north face outlet
toms outlet
nike air huarache
coach outlet
polo ralph shirts
lebron james shoes
louis vuitton outlet stores
nike roshe runs
nike free run
air jordan retro
jordans
louis vuitton handbags
juicy couture
jordan 8
christian louboutin outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
jordan shoes
burberry outlet
louis vuitton handbags
asics outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton
michael kors
toms shoes outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
celine bags
ralph lauren polo
louis vuitton handbags
hollister clothing
celine outlet
true religion outlet
replica watches
michael kors canada
louis vuitton outlet
pandora jewelry
insanity workout
kate spade handbags
2016.7.2haungqin

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home